Planting Seeds in the New Year
By: Abby Twyman | December 31, 2021
We have no choice but to launch ourselves into the New Year... but the choice is yours as to how you want to launch and where you want to go!
If you're willing, how about we do a little exercise together?
I'd like you to get out your self-expression tool of choice... video? audio? speech-to-text? typing? writing? drawing?
Ok, now that you're ready to express yourself, I'd like you to close your eyes and visualize the following...
Imagine you have 27 seeds ready to plant and get started growing over the winter.
Now, pretend that you have the power to instruct the seeds what to grow into.
Next, think about what it would be like if only nine seeds (1 out of every 3) grew to harvest.
Finally, consider what you would instruct those seeds to grow into if they were your deepest wishes, hopes, and prayers?
Breathe into the emotions. How are you feeling? What are you thinking? Now... open your eyes.
Take out your self-expression tool along with a timer set to 9-minutes.
Give yourself 9-minutes to respond to each of these self-expression prompts.
- In 2022, I will...
- In 2022, my family will...
- In 2022, my community will...
Now, look back at each of your responses and set your timer to 1-minute.
For 1-minute, respond to the following committed action prompts.
- In the coming 5-months, I'm going to...
- In the next year, I'm going to...
- Before the end of time, I'm going to...
Alright, friends, I hope you enjoyed that exercise as much as I did!
Awesome! Ok, now on to the news you've all been waiting for... what's to come in 2022?!?
Radical Learning Community in the Do Better Collective
Starting in January, we will be partnering up with Dr. Megan Miller to host weekly study and action circles in the Do Better Collective!
- Maloney Method Study Circle (1/31-5/21)
- Generating Momentum Action Circle (1/31-2/21)
- Empowering Growth Action Circle (2/28-3/21)
- Uplifting Voices Action Circle (3/28-4/18)
- Inspiring Change Action Circle (4/25-5/16)
- Summer and Fall Offerings TBA
Stay tuned for details on how to join us and get involved in 2022!
Fun Daily Challenges from Our Alaskan Oasis
Resuming January through May, we will be posting daily challenges on our social media pages.
- Motors on Monday - Quote of the Week
- Turned Up Tuesday - Song of the Week
- Wake Zone Wednesday - Article of the Week
- Throttle It Thursday - Word of the Week
- Full Bore Friday - Fact of the Week
- Sails Down Saturday - Present Moment Quote
- Sextants Out Sunday - Self-Love Quote
Unicorns Recording at Action for a Peaceful World
We've been doing some recording, and have plans to continue in the New Year.
During our Fall term at Our Alaskan Oasis, we heard stories from homeschool families.
There are two more still in the editing booth... stay tuned! Let us know what you think!
If you're interested in sharing your story, please reach out and let us know!
We love talking to anyone who has a story to tell and wisdom to share with the world!