Preparing for Action
By: Abby Twyman | January 11, 2021
January 2021 - National Mentorship Month - Preparing for Action
During the first Action Circle Cycle of 2021, we will get prepared for collective action circles.
We invite all those motivated to effect change to join us as we learn to: (1) Fucking Listen, (2) Be Radical, and (3) Take Action. As emerging activists, engagement in the action circle model allows us to bring together our shared wisdom to aid in our collective transformation into effective Change Catalysts dedicated to taking action in the service of creating a more just, equitable, and peaceful world.
Our goal is to empower emerging activists to engage in committed action through the development of specific skills in a supportive environment. We are committed to ending oppression through the power of collective action. Together we will create a just, equitable, and peaceful world.
Register to join us Saturdays at 10:00 AM Alaska (11:00 AM PST/2:00 PM EST).
- Blind Spots: Why Students Fail and the Science That Can Save Them
- Actively Caring for People: Cultivating a Culture of Compassion
- The Circle Way: A Leader in Every Chair
- Who Do We Choose To Be?: Facing Reality, Claiming Leadership, Restoring Sanity
- You're More Powerful than You Think: A Citizen's Guide to Making Change Happen
- Nurture Effect: How the Science of Human Behavior Can Improve Our Lives and Our World
- A Liberated Mind: How to Pivot Toward What Matters
- The Paradox of Organizational Change
- Rebooting Capitalism: How We Can Forge a Society That Works for Everyone
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor
- Ardila Sánchez, J.G., Cihon, T.M., Malott, M.E. et al. Collective Editorial: Ten Guidelines for Strategic Social Action. Behav. Soc. Iss. 29, 15–30 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42822-020-00038-8
- (2017) Collective Leadership and Circles: Not Invented Here, Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, 37:2, 126-141, DOI: 10.1080/01608061.2017.1309334
- Mattaini, M.A., Rehfeldt, R.A. Editorial: Rendezvous With Truth and Discovery. Behav. Soc. Iss. 29, 1–14 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42822-020-00034-y
Image by Susanne Jutzeler, suju-foto from Pixabay